Friday, June 5, 2009

1st Day in a New Adventure

I completed my Anusara Immersion in April and gained so much from the experience. A new deeper understanding & technique in the physical asana aspect. Deep bonds I made with the people who shared the experience with me. The emotionally and spiritual roller coaster challenging who I am, who I thought I was and who I see myself becoming. A year long experience I wouldn't trade for anything.

Today is my 1st day of the Anusara Teacher Training program. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I love to learn and be challenged. I have been out of college 14 years. Even though I know I have continued to study and learn new things during this time there is nothing that compares to the experience of learning with a group of people. The different experiences, beliefs and ideas each person brings to the learning arena creates a dynamic environment which helps me to challenge & question myself.

This is where the nervous comes in. To challenge myself to question what I think, what I thought was going to happen, what I have been told in the past, who I really am and who I want to be. It is very easy to go through our daily routine without asking these questions. We (I) get caught up in the daily things that need to be done - laundry, groceries, dishes, work, etc... without taking (making) the time to look at the other deeper more important parts of life. In this training program I will have to look at these questions and many more on a daily basis - which is both exciting and scary. I have no doubt that in the end I will be happy with who I have become during the discovery process.

It is all about the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment