Red Snapper with Vegetables in Foil Packets
- 2/3 cup pesto (home made or store bought – I make large batches and freeze)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 5- to 6-ounce red snapper fillets
- 16 -20 asparagus spears, each trimmed to 4-inch length
- 10 ounces plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped (or cherry tomatoes sliced in half)
- 2 yellow squash or zhuchini, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach
- Balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Blend pesto, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce in small bowl.
Arrange four 12x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil on work surface. Place 1 handful spinach on the foil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Place 1 fish fillet on top of spinach. Sprinkle fish lightly with salt and pepper. Spread each fillet with 1 tablespoon pesto mixture. Top each fillet with asparagus, tomatoes and squash, then dollop with remaining pesto mixture. Fold sides of foil over fish and vegetables, covering completely; seal packets closed.
Place foil packets on large baking sheet. Bake until fish is just opaque in center and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 25 -30 minutes.
I LOVE vegetables so I doubled them from what the recipe is - you can never have too many veggies.You can substitute whatever veggies are your favorite.