Saturday, August 1, 2009

stepping in front of the mat

Over the past month and half, in teacher training, we have been focusing on principles, methodologies, sequencing, anatomy - the fundamentals. Today, for the 1st time, we stepped to the other side - we stepped in front of the mat and took the seat of the teacher.

At first I could feel the butterflies in my stomach - the anticipation of standing in front of my peers. Having to speak, give guidance, give direction. Would I fuddle my words? How would I know what to say? How would I know what to observe? Would I forget the name of the pose? There is so much to observe, to remember, to focus on. How would it all work?

Well, it did. Its just that simple. I have the knowledge within, its all there and it will come out when it is needed.

We all have everything we need already inside of us, we are innately good. This is one of the main principles of the tantric philosophy. When the time comes we will know how to open. We will have the words. We will have the confidence. We will open to grace. Remembering this, gives me the strength and the support to step to the other side of the mat and take this new seat, the seat of a the teacher.

Om Namah Shivaya Gurave
I honor the auspicious light and goodness in myself and all beings that is my true teacher

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment