Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November is Gratitude Month

November is Gratitude Month. As a remembrance for the month we are all asked to each day think of something that we are grateful for.

Yesterday I had so many things I wanted to start off my list with. Unfortunately it became a day of sad news which changed where my heart and mind were with gratitude.

I received sad news of an acquaintance, 37 years young, passing over the weekend from a brain tumor. On this same day another friend, also 37 years young, was told by the doctors that her 5 year old son was in the final stages of his battle with cancer and it was time to say goodbye.

These are reminders that life is so short and precious. Both of these people thought they had beat their tumors. Both had received 2nd chances - they both went into remission and lived 2-3 more years. They had an opportunity to LIVE, LOVE, BREATH, CRY, LAUGH and BE LOVED for longer than they expected. They were given a gift and made it count. Each day is a gift, a gift that we should honor and celebrate.

I am grateful for each moment I have in this world.

I am also grateful that I have come to a place in my life where I am thinking and recognizing how important this is.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment