Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sleep

Sleep, so forgotten, so put to the bottom of the list so others things can take priority. I forget how important it is. How good it can feel. How it can be just as good as meditation or a wonderful asana practice if your heart is in it and you are in the moment.

This morning I woke at 5:15 with the plans of going to a 6:00 yoga class. My intention was to go to the early class that way I would be home to spend time with Scott. To get up at 5:15 is essentially sleeping in for me since on a normal Wednesday I would be up at 4:30. My alarm went off and I was awake and thought about getting out of bed. I then realized how truly comfortable and relaxed I was. I decided to stay in bed. I re-woke at 7:00 and felt revived, relaxed and peaceful - the same way I feel after an asana practice. It is so easy to put labels on things and rate one thing as being more beneficial than another. It simply comes down to the intention you put into something and being in the moment.

I can gain as much from doing an asana practice, sitting in meditation or on somedays getting an extra hour of sleep as long as my heart is in all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment